I hear from real estate agents quite a bit that myself and the people that work for my company are “too picky”. Really? I thought that is what a professional home inspector was supposed to be. A professional home inspector should be very detailed oriented able to document everything that he or she sees. To me “picky” means documenting everything allowing the home buying client to go through the home inspection report and determine what is important and what is not important. While performing a Highland Park home inspection the buying agent whom I had never met before made sure she let me know how great her home inspector was. I really can appreciate her love for her home inspector but really did not understand why he was not there performing the Highland Park home inspection.
As you probably can guess I looked up the new realtors home inspector to find that his reviews on Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, Better Business Bureau, Redfin reviews and so on were let’s say to be the less desirable. My clients from the Highland Park home inspection were also savvy enough to also look up the realtor revered home inspector and obviously were not impressed. I did ask my clients why they chose my company over the referred realtor home inspection company. This is the list of reasons that separated the 2 companies.
- FULL TIME COMPANY ~ The clients from the Highland Park home inspection were looking for a home inspector that worked only as a home inspector to assure that his or her skills were honed by performing home inspection every day. Most home inspectors perform home inspections as a side job for extra cash while performing a full time job.
- LICENSED TRADE INSPECTORS ~ The clients from the home inspection were looking for licensed tradesmen to perform their home inspection because that meant that would know how to install, repair or replace any issue at hand and should know what issues to look for. Pinnacle Property Inspection Services Inc. has licensed plumbers and heating contractors on staff to be able to determine major issues at a glance.
- REVIEWS ~ The reviews that were seen on the internet and friends that have used our services made our clients from the Highland Park home inspection comfortable to hire us to perform their home inspection.
- ERRORS AND OMISSION INSURANCE ~ The fact that Pinnacle Property Inspection Services has error and omission insurance even though it is not required by the State of Illinois made our new clients comfortable that if any issues that came up would be dealt with.
- PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT ~ Thermal imagers, moisture meters, 40′ ladders, inside shoes are all little things to others but made the difference why the clients from the Highland Park home inspection hired us over the referred realtor home inspector.
- SAME DAY LARGE INSPECTION REPORTS ~ The 131 page home inspection report was delivered via email 2 hours after the inspection was performed so that the clients could start to go over the report and determine what issues needed to be addressed.
- RADON, ASBESTOS AND MOLD TESTING ~ The clients from the Highland Park home inspection wanted a radon test to be performed. We own a small company called Pinnacle Radon Testing that was able to accommodate the home inspection time. The home that was inspected was an older home that had vermiculite insulation that was also able to be tested for asbestos all in one visit.
- ROOF INSPECTIONS ~ Willing to walk the roof versus the use of binoculars. All roofs are walked to assure that hidden issues are all documented to assure our clients do not move into a home with hidden issues.
The clients explained that they did know that are services were more expensive than the competitors but understood because this is our only business. The clients from the Highland Park home inspection obviously understood the difference with value and price. If you are a home buyer that is looking for a home inspector do not hesitate asking any questions that may influence your home inspection process
If you have any questions about this article please contact us at pinnaclepropertyinspection.com or 312-961-4228.